Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

And then I laughed

As I've mentioned, my room is quite lovely and comfortable. The bathroom has a stall shower and a deep soaking tub. The tub also has a hand-held shower spray. Lots of options to stay clean!

Several nights ago, I decided to take a bath. It was very nice and extremely relaxing. I added a few squirts of shower/bath gel to turn it into a bubble bath, read a magazine, definitely relaxed. After I drained the tub, I used the shower spray to rinse off residual bubbles. To switch from bath to shower, there is a small lever that is moved from right to left.

Fast forward to yesterday evening. Decided that another relaxing bath was in order. Turned on the faucets and BAM! Hit by a major spray of water! The hand-held spray had become a twisting snake and shot water everywhere - ceiling, entire bathroom floor, sink, magazine I had brought in to read, and - of course - me. I was finally able to tame the beast by forging through the stream and turning off the faucet. Yes, I had indeed forgotten to switch the lever back to the right-hand (tub) position. After I turned the water off, I stood dripping for a moment and then just started laughing. It was ridiculous how wet the bathroom had become. Truly, the process from faucet on to faucet off could not have taken more than 10 seconds. But, oh, what a powerful 10 seconds! I wiped the floor with towels - a bit treacherous, given the slippery marble. I then drew myself a proper bath - which felt a bit like a bath in a rain forest, given the fact that I was unable to clean the ceiling and therefore had to contend with occasionally drips of water during the first few minutes of the bath.

Lesson learned... I hope! I recall a similar incident in Italy a number of years ago so perhaps, in the worst case, I will have a few more years before this happens again!

2 comments:

  1. Your comments are hilarious ... "bath in a rain forest", LOL! Who else could have thought of that other than you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to amuse you, Sanju :)

    ReplyDelete