How long does it take for one to get used to cows grazing in the median?
Despite a lot of dirt and trash, I've seen people every day along the sides of the road sweeping up, trying to keep things in check. Wouldn't have expected that.
For such a modest country (my perception), I would have expected not to be fully nude in front of anyone during my visit.
My life is crazy to most Indians: single woman, living alone (not with parents), own my house.
Why bother with speed bumps when traffic crawls anyway?
Who knew that a scooter speeding by could sound like a cow mooing? (Inside joke... you know who you are!)
What makes people think they smell fine without the benefit of deodorant?
Do mosquitoes like fair skin better?
Why do only the drivers on scooters wear helmets? Are passengers immune to head injuries?
Animal Sightings
Goats: 3
Oxen: 6 (3 pair)
Camels: 3 - 5. I'm wondering if the 2 I saw the first day were part of the 3 I saw the second day (and maybe the 3rd was shyly hiding the first day)
Cows: >50. I've lost track.
Stray dogs: a distressingly high number
What I'm Reading
Times of India (newspaper - the New York Times it ain't).
No comments:
Post a Comment