Oh my goodness, this week is flying by. Can't believe that I head back home at the end of the week.
Sorry for my lack of updates (for my faithful followers!). I don't blog during the workday and I've gone out to dinner the past few nights - and have gotten home too late to do anything much more than sacking out.
Monday's dinner was with 5 colleagues (my 2 main contacts + the 3 team leads). We went to a place called Bonsouth (or Bon South - not sure), which is a Southern Indian restaurant. I typically eat Northern Indian food, so I had thought it would be fun to try Southern Indian. We had quite a delicious meal, including a few preparations of prawns/shrimp and a few of chicken (for the meat-eaters in the group - the vegetarians ate various yummy things of their own, a few of which I tasted). Nice evening all around - but a little bit quiet on the part of the team leads, as they were dining with their manager & his manager (who are both very nice and - in my mind - not intimidating... unless they want to be!). As for me, well, these are the same 3 women who took me shopping on Saturday, so they have no problem being chatty with me! Well, if not chatty, at least chattier.
Last night, my new friend, Gordon, and I met up with the wife of another colleague. Tom (said colleague) couldn't join us, but Julie was able to. What a fun, fun night! Much wine, much laughter, much irreverance. My kind of evening! I hit it off with Julie right away (had expected to, based on Gordon's description). The restaurant was called Olive Beach (no relation to Olive Garden - let's just put that right out there!!) and served mediterranean food. We shared mixed bruschetta with various toppings (I suppose that's redundant - the various toppings = mixed) and some herbed shrimp. Gordon and I both had a rib-eye (yes! in India!) and Julie had lamb. Everything was very tasty. On our way back to the hotel, we dropped Julie off at home... and then came inside for one final drink. I think that's the one that caused the fairies to come and put cotton in my mouth during the night.
Must get ready for work now & head into the office - but I didn't want to leave my fans hanging :)
More soon.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment